360pi is an award-winning price intelligence engine that helps retailers and manufacturers monitor pricing to increase sales and margins and optimize product mix. We help big retailers know exactly what their competition is doing, every day.
You're a developer; you want to know what's under the hood. How about this:
- Advanced artificial intelligence algorithms that pull structured data out of the web
- A 100% cloud based infrastructure
- A NoSQL database that stores a million new data points every single day: Big Data, very Big Data
- A MapReduce based analytical engine for summarizing, slicing and dicing our vast information store
- A web based portal, putting reports and visualizations into the hands of our customers
We're building a product using the latest technologies. We need smart people to take it further.
Work With Us and Get
- Responsibility: what you do here will have a direct impact on our growth
- Flexible working hours: we focus on results, not punching a clock
- Great hardware: a Retina Macbook Pro & Thunderbolt Display
- Location: Centrally located near Ottawa Experimental Farm
- Team activities: wall climbing, volleyball, rafting, zip lining-- we work hard and play hard
We are looking for a great developer who enjoys putting together distributed systems.
We need the following:
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Java, C# or another object oriented language
- Knowledge of one or more web programming frameworks: Django, JSP, Rails, etc
- Experience with REST services and API design
- Knowledge of agile development process
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion etc)
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a software development position
Having experience in any the following would be a valuable asset:
- Experience with databases, SQL or NoSQL
- Knowledge of business rules engines
- Programming experience on Unix based infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud based systems (EC2, Rackspace, etc)
- Knowledge of client side frameworks: React, Ember, etc
- Git or GitHub experience
Our technology stack includes:
- nginx, Tornado, Flask, Ubuntu Linux
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ember, jQuery, ReactJS
- Ansible, Docker
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift
- Scrapy, PhantomJS, RabbitMQ
- iOS, Android via Apache Cordova
360pi Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
360pi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.